Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Proof of Life

Last night I woke to the hum of nothingness, and felt an urgency to check on my baby (my almost 4-year-old baby sob sob). He was sleeping so soundly that he wasn't making a noise, nor stirring a muscle. So soundly, that for an instant I thought he wasn't breathing at all. I had to place my hand on his bare little chest to feel the in and out of his breath. I had to have proof. Relief instantly overcame fear in knowing, without a doubt, life was flowing through his veins.

This made me wonder if God can see the in and out of His breath in me. Are there times that I do not appear spiritually alive to Him? Does He have to search for proof of His Life in me? Ouch.

His life visibly flowing through us for His glory. Be Proof of Life to the World.

2 Corinthians 4: 10-11
We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus' sake, so that his life may be revealed in our mortal body.

3 shout outs:

Wendy said...

You always say so much with so few words. Great illustration. When do we stop checking for breathing? Even with the fifth baby, I still check (often!). I'm glad God checks back on us often, not giving up. I'm sure he often has to stroke our backs to get us to take another breath of him...

Unknown said...

Sometimes a stroke on our back, and sometimes when I am so deep in my own sleep I feel like he has to take me out of my comfortable dark sleep and put in in a cold tub of water and slap me around to get me to wake up and take a deep breath......maybe I sleep too hard!!

Wendy said...

Just a note to say I left you a blogger award. You'll see it on my latest blog post.