Saturday, July 26, 2008

Presently in List Format

Things I love:
*the obvious transforming power of Christ reflected in someone's life
*quiet time with a little coffee on the side
*fellowship with Believers. (As one charismatic pastor on TBN put it, "There's no ship like fellowship." hehehe)
*words, wonderful words
*watching my children grow and learn
*garage sales and thrift shopping
*a good competition
*proofreading
*authenticity
*floating in my pool by myself

Things I hate:
*coffee aftertaste
*the obvious sexualiztion of TV commercials (and I'm not just talking beer commercials here. pay attention the next time your TV is on. it's disgusting what we are allowing society to feed us.)
*cleaning up my own messes
*making an error
*a dirty kitchen floor
*not being able to sleep
*unreliability

Things I wish i did more:
*write
*exercise
*read my Bible and pray
*see my Bff
*spend quality time with my sisters

Things I wish I did less:
*pee
*eat and drink junk
*get annoyed at my kids and husband
*complain

Things that interest me/make me think:
*Unprotected, the book I just read.
*Psalm 51:16-17 God just keeps bringin' me back to brokenness
*This poem I discovered in high school. why? because it speaks truth. and it hurts.
*the role of hormones in our being
*personalities and contemplating how they form

Things I wish I could do:
*sing
*play the guitar
*write a novel
*run a marathon
*become Dr. Summer (lol, but really)
*be in a play
*wait tables part time

Things that make me cry:
*abortion & all of its effects on our world
*so many children growing up without stable homes
*the Olympics (the elation of winning mixed with the sorrow of loss)
*the thought of losing someone I love

Things that make me laugh:
*seeing the janitor from my junior high school at Dollar Store and him greeting me by name
*the conversations I have with my children. recently Season was pretending that Grayson was her boyfriend. I told her she couldn't marry her brother because he was family. She looked confused, but said, "Yeah, he's too short."
*my diary from elementary school (in the fourth grade I was "allergic" to Mrs. Applegate, and I couple skated for the first time with a boy, lol)
*my sister's stories
*Grayson's little hiney in his underwear & and hearing him talk




3 shout outs:

Jennifer said...

Hey, we have a lot in common Summer!!

Wendy said...

Love your list. Glad you liked Unprotected. I only bought it for Bonnie, I didn't think it'd be that good. Now I can't wait to read it too. The Novelist was kinda weird, btw. Just finished it today. Good but weird.

Kinda like all of us-good & weird, lol.

ishadohn said...

Here's a List For Ya...

Things I Love ....
Summer, my Bff

Things I hate ....
That you dont live next door

Things I wish I did more...
Spend time with my Bff

Things that make me think...
Summer's Blogs

Things that make me Cry...
When I opened that note you sent me after I got home from a long day at work.

Things that make me Laugh...
Everytime I watch you drink out of a straw! : )

I Love you girly. Plain and Simple. I miss you too. I think you know that. I love love love that you sent me that note in the mail with the "funny" about the gnomes! (and though it did make me cry because it made me think of ya and how much I miss you and what a great friend you are to me, it was not because it was sad lol k!)

List it Baby.