Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Does this make me crazy?

I have inappropriate urges. Urges that involve pens and ankles. Exposing your ankle to me whilest I have a writing utensil in my hand could be a stumbling block for me. I will feel an insatiable desire to grafitti the empty space just below your ankle. I do it to myself constantly if I am sitting still. But, I did not realize that I felt the need to "tattoo" other people until I was sitting next to a friend during lifegroup a few weeks ago and she was barefoot. It was all I could do to keep my hand from infringing upon her space and doodling a quick cross. I was so distracted by my lusting after the blank slate before me that I couldn't concentrate on the Word. My ankle was already covered with hearts and stars. I needed to create a masterpiece, and there was the perfect canvas. I had to take my thoughts captive in order to overcome the temptation. No wonder my daughter still struggles with writing on herself, furniture, the walls, her dolls. I know how she feels. The passion for creating overcomes logic in that moment. (Our pastor coined that phrase Sunday, and it has been very applicable in my life!) Keep the ankles covered people. Well, the whole foot and the hands for that matter. or BEWARE of my idle hands!

Yeah, so Does that make me crazy?


2 Cor. 5:13
"If we are out of our mind, it is for the sake of God...." (Amen)

3 shout outs:

Unknown said...

do it to yourself and it's a habit...do it to people you know and it's a quirk...do it to strangers, and you are most definitely crazy...

Wendy said...

Nice look on the blog :)

I sat by you last week...I think it makes us crazy if we choose a seat by you, lol!

ishadohn said...

Yeah it does... But I thought that was the reason we all love you so much? You can draw on me anytime. Sort of reminds me of your bedroom walls when we were in high school. (I like it.)