Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A New Knowing

Who knew a new year would bring so much change? "Not I," said the sickeningly happily married thirty-something mom of two, living contently in a pint-sized Skamper camper that is appropriately decorated inside and out with the shade of dirt. Or is it poop? And did I say contently?
So all the change creates many post-worthy blogs (in my mind atleast), but not really blog-worthy time slots in my schedule as of yet. A month after selling our house and moving everything we own into a still-not-ready-to-live-in quonset barn, whilst we make the Skamper home and bum showers and laundry appliances (and Christmas trees) from sweet family, we are finally beginning to create a new normal for the little Eudey family. Each of us is being stretched, learning lots, digging deep for patience, and holding on to the "light at the end of the tunnel," (as one friend so aptly suggested should be the theme song of the quonset phase of our project.) Of course, the only one of us workin' his buns off is my man. Can I just say that he is awesome? I mean he is putting a roof over my head with his own two hands.
Though the changes have made us closer as a family, both literally and figuratively, my God-time has suffered. Thankfully, His grace and strength are sufficient. I actually did read my Bible Sunday morning (though I skipped church), and found my scripture for the new year. Joel 2:13
says "Rend your heart..." I like that word "rend." It means to tear or split apart. Rend my heart from the world, from my flesh and give it wholly and completely to Him; not just "rend my garments" so others will see and think I'm so "Christian", but to daily with purpose and repentance be broken before my God knowing the mercy and kindness He extends toward inadequate, sinful me. That's my resolution. Change and Rend. Rend and Change.

1 shout outs:

Unknown said...

I don't begin to say there's a comparison of the two, but we are 8 months into a renovation project here at our church that was suppose to take 2 months. Between asbestos, changes to plans, and carpet that was ordered, back-ordered, damaged, reordered and just now going down, it has been some time. There just has to be a true patience and a "binoculars" view of that light at the end of the tunnel. There are different types of people. I am frantic with no plan in place, but once the plan is there, I'm pretty secure with the mess and problems it takes to get there no matter what the timetable is.

God has blessed you and your family with a vision of this and I know that the reward is coming...as you wait "contently".