Saturday, May 10, 2008

Does anyone know how to avoid being covered in puke when you have a two-year-old with the virus? oh. my. ugh. Thankfully, he is almost back to his happy-go-lucky self today.


My family girls and I went on a mini shopping trip this past weekend. In addition to Ikea and Garden Ridge, we went to The Dump, which ain't just any Dump.

Our trip required much gallivanting, and my sister's Garmin made that totally rock! It's hard not to think about the way God works when using a GPS. Everytime you took a wrong turn, a women's voice on the Garmin would say, "Recalculating." God knows our beginning and our ending; and I think that He gives us the choice on the stuff in between. Not that He doesn't know already what choice we will make, but that maybe somewhere He has our "perfect"course mapped out and everytime we choose wrong He says, "Hmmm, ok, recalculating." Don't misunderstand, I have no idea how God really works. He is much too high for my brain matter. But I do know that He will work all the wrong turns and u turns of our life together for good if we delight in Him.


My child has issues. Issues with loud noises and chaos. The whole time we were eating at Pappadeaux(obviously pronounced papadoughs not Papaducks unless you're my sister) she had her ears plugged with her little fingers, her big beautiful eyes jetting to and fro every corner of that place. It was insanity in there with sooo many people talking, standing around gabbing at the bar, plus it was so dark in there you literally had no idea whether you were eating shrimp or clam until you bit into it. Anyway, she was seriously unable to function while trying to understand this environment. My sheltered little girl....

2 shout outs:

Unknown said...

I love the GPS analogy...I've never used the GPS anaglogy, but a lot of my studies have included that God draws a perfect map for our lives and we all get off that perfect path at times. Sometimes he brings us back to that same path and sometimes he has to start a new path from that point forward...either way, his path is better than ours.

Wendy said...

Season & I are cut from the same cloth. I hate over stimulating environments and would have also shut down. I wish it were socially acceptable to plug your ears when you're 32. I do it anyway in the car sometimes, when the radio is on and so are all the kids. Shane just gives me the I-have-the-strangest-wife-in-the-world-look.

Glad you had fun with the girls!