Monday, May 5, 2008

Cuttin' it


I learned today that offering to mow the yard is an aphrodisiac to my husband. I was actually surprised that he allowed me to do it, and by "it" I mean cut the grass, as the first and last time I mowed I ran over something I shouldn't have.

It took me about an hour and a half to do the whole yard, during which time I listened to Mr. Todd Friel at a decibel I'm sure was inappropriate for my earholes. I began to enjoy the manual labor (it is still manual if you are riding, right?), getting some sun, sweating a bit, looking back and seeing the progress I'd made, that is until I began sneezing uncontrollably which led me to pee my pants, I mean you know just a little cause I'm over 30 and pushed out two kids and things like that just start to happen unfortunately. ugh! Anyway, Graham was appreciative of my labor, mostly I think because he is in-love with his land. And the fact that I paid his land some attention made him happy. Lately, most of our conversations go like this:

Me: Hey sweetie-pie honey bun hot stuff! How was your day?

Him: Oh, it's great being that I have so many hours of daylight left to work my land.

Me: You should have seen your son today. He is so funny.

Him: Did you see the land? Doesn't it look awesome there where I cleared out all those stinkin' oak trees?

Me: Uh, yeah. Anyway we went to the library today and then visited my grandparents.
Him: I think I'll get on the four-wheeler and drive around a few hours staring at the land.

Me: so what do ya want for dinner dear?

Him: Did you see the pile of brush that I'm gonna burn later? It's going to look so much better when I get that done. By the way, do you wanna do it later?

Me: do you mean cut the grass?

this is where he wants to put the house

Ok ok so I exaggerate a tad. But, he is very passionate about working the land. In fact, Season said he should just marry it. lol I do love that he is so focused on something and does whatever he is doing with a ragingawesome tenacity. He wants us to have a home that we can share and enjoy the rest of our life together. I want to continue to be patient in the meantime and be a helpmeet in whatever way I can. I pray that we can keep our God-focus most of all.

check the beautimous shirt my bfffffff created for me.

6 shout outs:

Anonymous said...

Funny, the only thing I do with ragingawesome tenacity is squeeze so I don't pee my pants. Sometimes I'm ragingawesome enough for it to work...and sometimes not :(

I might need to keep this comment anonymous...but you know who you're fellow pee-ers are, right?

Tefertiller Tribe said...

that was a scream. thanks for all the details into your sordid life. love ya!

Unknown said...

VESICARE
Google it
Print it
Take it to the Dr. w/ ya!

Summer said...

Scott- thanks for the advice. But I think I prefer minor leakage when I sneeze to the following:
Dry mouth
Constipation
Blurred vision
Indigestion
and yeah shut up.

ishadohn said...

well I think you need to try it ...Because hey lets face it this is becoming a regular thing for you. lol I love ya

Summer said...

ouch! outed by my bfffff. that hurts. it hurts so much I think i'll just pee my pants. shut your face too.lol