Wednesday, May 2, 2007

It ain't gonna burn long

I really want to post my first blog, but I really can't think of anything interesting or important enough that other people would actually want to read. And so I start to think am I really that boring? And then I think do I really want to share what is in my head, really? Because I mean, I have just used the word really like five times in three sentences and started sentences with and and because; and I am a former teacher of the English and that just would not fly in Mrs. Eudey's Sr. English class. I like to think I have an excuse though, since I do spend most of my hours with little people under the age of 4, and in their world it is okay to call more than one goose, a few gooses. Yeah, I said that yesterday and thought nothing of it. So, am I becoming desensitized or am I realizing what really matters in this world? And it ain't grammar, let me tell ya!
Most of my interesting thoughts or advice cannot be elaborated on enough to qualify as a blog. Such as, if someone gives you chapstick flavored like Red Hots, don't actually use it. Or, like, don't dump hot candle wax down the sink drain. Yeah, I did that. And my husband punished me by forcing me to use the Red Hot chapstick! So, what I'm trying to say is that I have this blog and I'm gonna use it. And sometimes it may not be pretty. But, like the chapstick it will only burn for a few days. Nothing a few hours in a cold freezer won't fix. And, yeah, like really!

2 shout outs:

Unknown said...

well, not so much about little people, but more about computers and its effect on us. i was asked to write a list of things the other day and it felt so awkward that i couldnt remember the last time i had written that much and my handwriting was horrible. and i never capitalize anything or use proper punctuation anymore--even when i am e-mailing something to someone i dont know well or a business. yeah, and then there's the things you just gotta tell like i had lunch with my kids at school today and left thinking my pant leg on my jeans kept getting caught under my heal only to get to my office and find a chunk of corndog stuck to the bottom of my shoe...but alas, i had no hot chapstick thrust upon me as punishment for my stupidity.

ishadohn said...

Hey I am so glad to see you speaking your mind! Really, really! lol and thats not a complete sentence either and what the hey kind of devil person gives you red hots flavored chapstick! lol thats just mean! I love you and I love that you can be so smart and yet so down to earth! Like the graduation speech you wrote ....thats the crap I like (remember whens that make us better and ready for the future!) and yeah I dont know why I have never told how proud I was of you that night but I was !!!!! I mean I was like "thats my best friend!" "oh yeah!" anyway and Im proud of you now too! Going bad to school and all! Idk ok ok enough mush! I love you and you are Raging Awesome!!! like you know like for sure! Really! MuAh!